Well, this is fun! I’ve had the honor of being nominated for a Newbie Blogging Liebster Award by Jennifer over at “Until I Hold You Again.”
Jennifer is courageous enough to share her story of loss with the world. It is a heavy topic, but one that too few people talk about. She provides solace to others who are going through the heartbreak of loss of a child. I highly encourage you to stop by.
The Newbie Blogging Liebster is given to new bloggers by other bloggers as a way to support each other in growing and building our blogs. So, basically its a big, full-frontal, blogger hug. I’m excited to get the chance to pass this along to a few other deserving blogs!
So here are the rules.
- Post the award on your blog.
- Answer the questions you were given by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate and notify a small group of new bloggers you’ve discovered.
- Create 10 new questions for the nominees to answer.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and link to their blog.
Here are the questions Jennifer had for me.
- Why did you start blogging? Honestly, I started blogging as a way to simplify giving out travel advice and sharing itineraries. While living in California we were always sharing travel advice. Out of Edwards, was an easy way to share all that information and research. When we found out we were moving abroad I wanted to capture this experience and this time in its own little capsule. Thus, Dutch Dutch Goose was born!
- What do you find to be the most difficult part about blogging? I get easily overwhelmed with all the possibilities. There are always things I want to write, other blogs I want to read and little administrative tasks to take care of. I keep a running list and try to balance these tasks but some days I feel overwhelmed.
- Where do you get your inspiration from? I get inspiration from our daily life. Living abroad is full of so many fun experiences and challenges. I love being able to share the mundane details that make life here extraordinary with others. The kids magnify the fun. They notice the new bugs and want to try a new food in the market. I try to capture those experiences.
- What advice would you give someone thinking about starting a blog? Just start writing. There is so much that goes into a blog, but it starts with your voice. The writing will dictate everything else. You can get easily overwhelmed with all the administrative tasks: widgets, plugins, SEO, Google Analytics, etc.. That can all come at your pace. Write what you love first and worry about all that later.
- What is your favorite aspect of blogging? The blogging community is amazing. I’m continuously reaching out to them for advice on blogging, travel and life. I have made friends and had mentors all through blogging. It has also been an amazing way to keep everyone updated on our life and travels.
- What other hobbies do you have? I love to read, craft and travel.
- If you could describe yourself as your favorite snack, what would it be and why? I’m a Stroopwaffle. These delicious dutch treats are neat and orderly on the outside but with a little bit of coffee turn warm and gooey on the inside.
- How do you spend your free time? If I have a free half an hour in the evening, I’m hopping in a warm bath with a book and a glass of wine.
- What quote best describes you and why? “How lucky am I to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard” ~Winnie the Pooh. I love traveling and I love making friends. When I leave someplace I am always grateful for the friends I have made. My friends are truly what shapes my adventure and makes my travel worthwhile and memorable.
Here are the blogs I have nominated:
My questions for my new blogger nominees are:
- Why did you start blogging?
- What is the significance of your blog’s name?
- If you could do absolutely anything, what would you like to do next?
- What is a great memory from your past?
- What is one of your talents?
- Who is your favorite blogger at the moment?
- What do you most love about where you live now?
- What is your favorite time of day and why?
- Where did you go on your favorite vacation and what made it special?
- What quote best describes you?